Clwb Golff Pwllheli
Club History

scroll down for more

Course History

The club was formed in 1900 when the links were rented from Messrs Andrews & Sons, these original 9 holes were designed by Tom Morris of Hoylake, the course was extended to 18 holes in 1909 when the course architect was 5 times British Open Champion James Braid. The President of the Board of Trade David Lloyd George officially opened the extended course on the 1st of June 1909, the course measured 4490yds long with a par (bogey in those days) of 74.

In 1921/22 the club leased additional land and the course was extended to 5500yds, further alterations were made in 1935, with major changes being made between 1972 and 1975, when new 3rd, 4th, 12th, 13th, and 14th holes were made.

1994 saw the largest milestone in the Club's history when the course was purchased from the Andrews family.

Club Professionals

1906 - 1956 Jack Bowman
1957 - 1969 R F (Dick) White
1970 - 1998 Douglas Verity
1998 - 2004 John Pilkington
2004 - 2024 Stuart Pilkington